An evaluator will be assigned to your case. They will contact you and explain the evaluation steps and the types of meetings to arrange:
- They will assess your abilities and skills;
- They will create a profile based on a number of factors, such as your family dynamic;
- They will establish the characteristics of the children you are able to foster;
- They will run a criminal background check;
- They will visit your house or apartment to ensure that it respects the physical standards.
Once the evaluation is completed, the evaluator will write a report and present it to their recognition comittee.
If the committee decides that you meet the criteria and have the required aptitudes, they will send your file to the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de la Montérégie, which will render a decision about your accreditation.