Services for children and teenagers
- resolve the difficulties experienced by the family that have caused the situation and prevent their recurrence;
- address the family issues that youth experiencing difficulties most often face (neglect, abuse, violence, abandonment and behavioural disorders);
- strengthen the social and adaptive skills of youth facing difficulties;
- reinforce parenting skills and abilities so that parents properly assume their responsibilities and meet their children’s and/or adolescents’ needs;
- reduce the impacts of family issues on the development of troubled youth;
- in cases where young people cannot remain with their family, help them to grow up with a measure of stability in foster care;
- with respect to services provided to teenagers, the psychosocial caseworker will work to facilitate the transition to adulthood, if necessary.